Friday, June 22, 2012

What a Day

I woke up at 5 am with my mind racing about all the things I had to get done today in terms of helping mom pack. I rushed around preparing some last minute boxes at home, packed up my car, was ready to go and then ... my engine wouldn't start.

Are you serious?

Didn't I just have my car serviced? I was furious.

Didn't have time to deal with it at the moment as I had to get going - luckily D was ready to go too so we were there on time.

I was on my feet, packing, lifting 20 kg boxes, running from room to room, climbing up and down stairs for 10 hours straight - straight! All my strength training was really put to the test today and I'm glad that I had no problems with my stamina or strength ... but of course once I sat down, the fatigue totally began to hit me.

In the middle of all the packing one of my dad's friends stopped by to visit with his son. When I say that the house was in chaos, I'm not kidding. We're packing 40 years of stuff here - there's a lot of shit in the house and only 48 hours to get it all done. You'd think that any visitors would kinda stop by, see we were busy, and then bugger off.

Nope. Not these guys. They lingered. I was packing up my dad's LP's and he started going through the box and talking about the albums and asking dad questions - what're you going to do with these LP's? When did you buy them? Are you going to keep them all? etc. etc. My dad loves to talk and share stories ... plus he can't tell people to get out of the house coz' we're busy, so he'd answer and that would get the guy talking even more.

They stayed for OVER AN HOUR!!!! I was like what the fuck dude. Get the fuck out of our house. I was covered in dust from head to toe - lugging boxes around, working frantically and this guy is chit chatting about how we have so many books that we could open up our own library.

Yes. We do. Either grab a box and help us pack or shut the fuck up and go home.

Can you tell I was irritated?

About an hour and a half later they left and I was able to relax a little and get work done.

Finally. I was so frustrated.

Am home now - and the curry has just arrived. Can't wait to sit down and enjoy my dinner plus Criminal Minds :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that would have made me crazy. I mean really, really crazy. When I helped my parents move (my mom is a wicked pack rat), I got very pushy on them, but it worked!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)