Saturday, June 30, 2012

The First and the Last

The First
This week was the first time I did CrossFit 3 times in one week. My only question is - Will burpees ever get easier? They are absolute torture to me. I've done tons of them, but they don't seem to be getting any easier and they completely wipe me out - completely!! {Here's a video on how to do burpees - go to 40 seconds into the video clip and imagine doing it in double time}

Imagine my horror when today's WOD was 5 rounds of 15 dead lifts, 15 burpees, 15 push-ups, 15 leg raises (while hanging from the bar) - each with 5 jump squats in between. They were all fine, but the burpees really killed me. I feel like I should practice them so that I can improve my stamina and my form, but in all honestly, I don't really want to do burpees unless I have to ... but I probably should practice {sob, but I don't want to!} - hmmm who is going to win this battle? We'll see!

The Last
I drove to my parents house for the last time today.

We closed up the house and turned in our keys. It hit me more than I thought I would as I walked from room to room - all empty, reminding me of the way it looked when we first came to the apartment 22 years ago. Although I haven't spent all of the past 22 years at home, it has always been home for me - a place where I could always go to and feel safe. Today, we closed those doors. It marked the end of an era ... and hopefully the start of many new beginnings.


Mom in the hallway, heading into the elevator and me waiting to lock up for the last time.

2 comments:

  1. awwww.... good bye, house. While you may be no longer, the great memories that happened inside you will live on. :)

    Also, burpees suck. Due to my weight, I have to do the modified burpees and it's so slow. I've been doing them for four months and I'm not quite ready to un-modify. I feel like they take forever to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burpees are so hard! Mid Zumba we always have different people go out during one song and throw in exercises. We did burpees one day. This chunky mom barely got two out. Ugh! I remember doing them in school and of course they were easy then. Oh sweet, sweet youth. =)

    I am sure the move is bittersweet, but many new memories await you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I can use all the support I can get :)